Once again, NeighborWorks Waco will play host to the AARP Tax-Aide program. As always, this is not our program—it is run entirely separately from our operations and overseen by AARP, though we do provide office space at no-cost to the organization.
This service allows hundreds of families, all from diverse backgrounds across our community, receive professional help preparing their income tax for the previous year. This service is offered to the community totally FREE of charge.
The trained professionals from AARP’s Tax-Aide program have a wealth of experience assisting in the preparation of taxes for families at all income levels, and is ready to help you get the most from your tax return.
The following information pertains only to the 2022 tax season, and should not be relied upon for future years, as the Tax-Aide program is subject to change.
For our location at NeighborWorks Waco, please call (254) 315-3176 to set up an appointment for Wednesday and Thursdays only. Clients may sign up for a specific appointment time between 11 AM and 4 PM, and are expected to arrive back at the office 15 minutes before their designated appointment time. If your call is not answered, please leave a message and someone will return your call in the order it was received.
This year the program will be assisting with FREE income tax preparations from:
February 1 – April 14, 2022
February 2 – April 14
Wednesdays and Thursdays
11 AM – 4 PM
922 Franklin Ave.
Waco, TX 76701
Providence Hospital (Pavilion Entrance)
February 2 – April 13
Mondays and Wednesdays
11 AM – 4 PM
6901 Medical Parkway
Waco, TX 76712
First Baptist Church of Hewitt
February 1 – April 14
Tuesdays and Thursdays
11 AM – 4 PM
301 S. First St.
Hewitt, TX 76643
First United Methodist Church of Fairfield
February 3 – April 14
Every Other Thursday
8 AM – 5 PM
201 N. Mount St.
Fairfield, TX 75840
The last appointment must be 1 hour prior to closing time.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
Please bring with you:
- Mask (Wearing a mask is mandatory. No masks will be provided at the site.)
- 2021 Income or IRS Documentation:
○ W-2 (earned wages)
○ 1099s (interest, investment info, social security, and other 1099 data as applicable)
○ 1098 (from college/university, if claiming education benefits); also receipts for cost of books and other required materials paid in 2021
○ self-employment income and expense data (mileage, special clothing, tools, etc.)
○ letter for daycare/dependent care expenses
○ charitable contributions
○ Form 1095-A for Marketplace Healthcare information
○ Any other income related materials
- Official Photo ID: driver’s license, state-issued photo ID, employer ID, student ID, passport or Military card.
- Social Security cards (yours, your spouse’s and dependents).
- Your checkbook or Routing No. & Account No.
- 2020 Tax Return, if available.
- If widowed in 2020 or 2019 with dependents, please bring documentation for the deceased spouse.
- Do NOT bring any children with you to the site.
AARP Tax-Aide is a program of the AARP Foundation, offered in cooperation with the IRS. The AARP Foundation is AARP’s affiliated charity. Foundation programs provide security, protection, and empowerment for older persons in need. Low-income older workers receive the job training and placement they need to rejoin the workforce. Free tax assistance and preparation is provided for low and moderate-income individuals, with special attention to those 60 and older. The Foundation’s litigation staff protects the legal rights of older Americans in critical health, long-term care, consumer and employment situations. Additional programs provide information, education, and services to ensure that people over 50 lead lives of independence, dignity, and purpose. Foundation programs are funded by grants, tax-deductible contributions and AARP.